I believe that we all have special gifts to share with the world — that we all have a purpose, OR two, OR three. What are yours? Are you living in alignment with your authentic self, that true self beneath your personality, your persona, your roles and responsibilities in life? Do you have a great sense of meaning and depth in your life, in your relationships, and in your work? Well, you can! I firmly believe this to be true. I empower women to reconnect with their authentic self, so that they can allow that part of themselves to be the compass in guiding them in the direction of their greatest joys, passions and fulfillment.
If you're anything like I used to be, you won't like the sound of the word constraint. I'm gonna change your mind!
Every Thursday morning I go to my podcast feed looking forward to the next bit of wisdom I’m going to receive from one of my favorite coaches. Several months ago, I opened my feed to a podcast called “constraint”. And I closed my app and didn’t listen.
HI, MY NAME IS TIFFANY AND I'M A RECOVERING BUSYAHOLIC.
It started out innocently enough. I am an ambitious woman. Hey, don't judge, ambition gets a bad wrap. All it means is the desire to do or achieve something, typically requiring determination and hard work. So, if you are reading this, chances are you are an ambitious woman too. For me what that means is, once I set my mind to something I make it happen. I love that about myself. However, this strength has also been one of my greatest weaknesses. Interesting how perceived weaknesses are just strengths over used.
Guest post by Lisa Franzino! I am so honored that one of the ah-mazing women from the Find Your Flourish France Retreat 2015 took time out to share her experience! Thank you so much Lisa! Your passion for life and love touched us all...
Getting Out of a Rut!
In the summer of last year, I was feeling like I was in a serious rut. I had recently completed a Raw Chef training and knew I wanted to help people but I wasn’t sure how. I was feeling very overwhelmed by my indecision and all of my options were creating a kind of paralysis. The invitation to join the Find your Flourish retreat in France came at just the right time. The week of the retreat along with some extra “me time” that bookended the trip allowed me to step out my own inner turmoil and get down to the basics of what I was/am really after: contentment, purpose, connection with others and confidence to do whatever I choose.
Deciding to Retreat
The retreat was set in a comfortable villa perched atop the hills of Nice. All we needed was our clothes and personal affects and everything else was taken care of. That first evening, as the other women showed up, we all got to know each other. There was a nice group of strong, accomplished women — all on a similar path to find direction, connection and “flourish”! It was easy to see right away that we would form a deep connection with each other throughout the course of the retreat.
Our days started off with a meditation, a delicious but light breakfast and then Tiffany led us in some Kundalini yoga exercises. Everyone was at a different level of fitness from yoga newbie to yoga teacher (I am a Bikram instructor) and the Kundalini was accessible and beneficial to us all. We then had “workshop” time where Tiffany facilitated a discussion around a theme and shared tools with us to help overcome, discover and unlock. These sessions were followed by an [at least] three course meal made by our own private chef, Magali. The afternoons were filled with exploring the French Riviera and the evenings with more delicious food, conversation and bonding with our new fast friends.
JOY… THE PURPOSE OF LIFE?
My time in France taught me so many things, but the greatest life lesson I took away is that JOY is truly the purpose of life… Does this sound radical? It doesn’t have to be, but it may require some belief and attitude changes, which are not always easy, but always possible!
What if you decided to live your life as if the purpose of it was to experience as much joy as possible? What would you be doing differently, what would stay the same? What would it look like if your wildest dreams came true? Share your posts bellow.
LIVING IN THE FRENCH RIVIERA FOR TWO MONTHS! A WILD DREAM, SOME WOULD SAY….
I recently returned to Los Angeles after living in the French Riviera as an expat for two glorious months. Some would argue that this is a wild dream, but I created this opportunity for myself because I decided to take my own pleasure seriously. Give yourself permission to dream… My time there started by leading a women’s mind-body-spirit retreat that was so transformational it blew my mind. I planned to stay in the South of France after the retreat so I could experience all that French culture had to teach me, which was a lot.... As a psychotherapist and life coach who integrates yoga therapy, I am fortunate because with modern technology I can pretty much do my mentoring, therapy, and counseling work from anywhere in the world, and remain connected to my clients that come from around the globe.
I've identified the 5 most common fears that women face when they consider traveling. Watch this video and see if you identify.
Do you have some of these fears? What would your best friend tell you to do if you told her you were considering going on a dream trip, or retreat? I have a feeling she would probably tell you to go. So why is it that we do not give ourselves this same permission? Don't let fears stop you from traveling, life is too short, and there are way too many benefits to traveling. You are worth it. Your self-care is worth it. Your transformation is worth it! And all of this and more could be awaiting you in France.
You are invited to journey with me and a fabulous group of like-minded women to the South of France. The Find Your Flourish France Retreat is 9/27/15-10/3/15. Come find your Flourish and remember that anything is possible.
The registration deadline is August 16, 2015, so contact me here to set up an interview today!
9 Essential Tips to Making Your Dreams a Reality
Your dreams matter! Watch this video and find out how goal setting can help you turn your dreams into a reality.
For easy reference, I’ve listed the 9 tips again here:
- Write your goal, dreams and desire down! Get a special journal specifically for your dreams and goals. Sometimes it helps to organize your goals into life categories such as physical, spiritual, relational, intellectual, environmental, and occupational. Vision boards can serve as visual affirmations of your goals, and can be fun and get the creative juices flowing. The objective here is to get your dreams for yourself out of your mind and into something more concrete.
- Start to take small steps towards your big dreams. It really helps to break your goals up into manageable action steps. You may need to trouble shoot along the way, if something is not working. Don’t allow setbacks to stop you, try it differently.
- Start Right Away – even if you do just one thing to move you in the direction of your dreams. Small turtle steps go along way if you do one each day.
- Prioritize your goals to help you stay focused. What is the most important dream you want to move towards right now? Get started on that one. Gain momentum, it helps to keep us motivated.
- Pick an end date! This one is important. Choose the date you would like to make this dream a reality for yourself. It can be a long or short-term goal. You get to decide!
- Read over your list of goals at least 2 times a day. It is helpful to read them first thing when you wake up in the morning, and before you go to sleep at night. This helps your brain and memory to stay active and keeps these goals at the forefront of your mind, helping you to stay focused.
- Visualize yourself achieving your dream(s). Spend some time daydreaming about how your life will look, feel, sound, smell, and even taste like when you are living your dream.
- Live and act as if this goal or dream has already come true. If it seems to hard to do this all the time, try it out for a day. Experiment and see how wonderful it feels to take on that essence.
- Seek out professional help if you get stuck. All of us get stuck sometimes and it’s ok to allow others to help us move into more happiness. You deserve it. We all do. Neuro-Emotional Technique (NET) can be highly beneficial to help us get congruent with our goals.
I can help you unblock your path and get congruent with your goals and dreams. Getting what you want can actually be scary sometimes, so let’s clear those fears away if need be, and get ready to accept what it is that you want in life.
Contact me HERE if you get stuck, and let’s set up a time for a free 20-minute phone consultation.
If you want to get a jumpstart on your manifesting your dreams come join me and an amazing group of women for the Find Your Flourish Retreat in the South of France, coming up September 27-October 3rd, 2015. Registration deadline is August 16, 2015. There are just a few spots left. You don't want to miss this retreat! Hurry and contact me here to set up an interview! Your dreams are awaiting you.
Tiffany Goyer provides psychotherapy, counseling, coaching, retreats, and workshops from her base office in Sherman Oaks right in Los Angeles County. She also provides phone and Skype session to women around the globe.
The 4 most powerful lessons women learn when they travel.
Travel Opens the Mind
Travel has a way of opening up our minds so that we can begin to see and remember that anything is possible. When we try something new, our brain changes as we form new neuropathways, or new ways of thinking
Remembering that Anything is Possible
We get so caught up in the busyness of our lives and our daily routines, that we can lose touch with what makes us happy. We may get stuck in the story of our lives, the ones that we tell ourselves over and over again. We don’t do this on purpose, it is just how the brain works. It’s out of habit. As children, we know anything is possible, but as we become adults, we forget this truth. Travel is the best way to shake things up so we can reconnect with what really matters to us like maybe a long forgotten goal, or a part of ourselves we would like to develop.
So here are the 4 most important travel lessons for women to learn:
- We learn perspective on life! Because everything is new when you travel, you have to think in different ways than you do when you are at home. You have the opportunity to view your life from the outside. You will probably identify solutions or changes to make your life back home easier, one which you might never have seen if you did not away from it all. Imagine getting to press the pause button on your life, so that you can open up to new possibilities.
- Travel allows you time to recharge, renew, and replenish your soul, and re-connect with what really matters to you. In a new environment, you are afforded the opportunity to ponder your dreams, your goals, you desires. What do you want your life to look like and feel like? When we get away from it all, we can get bold, brave, and inspired, and remember to dream big.
- You gain a new sense of confidence. When you travel you HAVE to try new things such as new foods, figuring out new means of transportation, perhaps new languages, and encountering lots of new people. All this newness that travel bring can be exciting. It awakens all of your senses.
- Gratitude! One of my favorites. Travel helps you feel grateful for your life. When you step out of your daily routines and roles, you just may find that you appreciate yourself, your loved ones, and your life back home in a new way that you may not have been able to do if you did not get away from it all. Lastly, you start to appreciate your new way of thinking, for now you see all of the new possibilities for your life that travel has opened you up to.
Travel if you want to transform your life right now!
You are invited to journey with me and a fabulous group of like-minded women to the South of France. The Find Your Flourish France Retreat is 9/27/15-10/3/15. Come find your Flourish and remember that anything is possible. The registration deadline is August 16, 2015, so contact me here to set up an interview.
Tiffany Goyer provides therapy. coaching, retreats, and workshops from her base office in Sherman Oaks right in Los Angeles County. She also provides phone and Skype sessions to women around the globe.
Earlier this year, I was invited to be a guest speaker at Marsh Engle's Amazing Women Speak Event. She asked us about the 6 essential questions every woman needs to ask herself. Check out the video to get inspired. My answer to one of her questions was about a defining moment for me, which I've expanded upon in this post >>
This was the day that I excitedly announced my women's France retreat!
Ready to Find Your Flourish in the South of France? It's not too late to join us for the Find Your Flourish France Retreat coming up September 27-October 3rd 2015. Registration deadline is August 16, 2015. There are just a few spots left. You don't want to miss this retreat! Hurry and contact me here to set up an interview! Your dreams are awaiting you.
Tiffany Goyer provides therapy, coaching, retreats, and workshops from her base office in Sherman Oaks right in Los Angeles County. She also provides phone and Skype session to women around the globe.
WHY YOU SHOULD RETREAT IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE!
WHY RETREAT, SHE ASKS?
What is the greater purpose of your life? What brings you happiness and fulfillment? How does your flourishing impact your loved ones?
This can be a hard question to answer in the midst of our own personal daily grind. We need to learn how to press the PAUSE BUTTON (where is it again?), and reconnect with what REALLY matters to us. The fastest way I know how to facilitate your connection to your deepest dreams and desires, is by taking time to retreat.
Despite what the little voices in our heads tell us, it is not selfish to have dreams and desires, or to follow your desired path. Actually, it’s just the opposite. When you live from a place of being connected to your authentic core – when you are happy and fulfilled – everyone around you benefits.
Think about it. Pause...
8 Ways Travel Heals!
To create the life that you were meant to live, sometimes you need to get away from it all. I want to help you create a new perspective of yourself and your life, and the best way I know how to do that is travel.
Travel heals by helping us to:
- fall in love with life again.
- appreciate who we are, away from our daily routine.
- appreciate the life we do have at home.
Can you relate to what it feels like to be “stuck?” This word is so common in psychology now, that it’s practically become a “clinical” term. But, for good reason, “stuck,” explains a lot about the human experience.
Think of your life. I bet there is at least one or more areas that you feel stuck in, be it in your relationships, your work, your finances, your health, etc., etc.
Being stuck is a great metaphor for what is actually happening in the brain. We become stuck on certain neural pathways, causing us to loop through old stories about our lives. Sometimes it feels near impossible hop off these old story loops, or neural pathways to affect change in our lives. But it is possible to more easily create healthier stories, and more joyful beliefs and feelings that will help you find your flourish in life.
Do you find yourself feeling anxious, keyed up, battling that inner critic, having a difficult time making decisions, and/or feeling like you aren’t on the “right” life path? Yoga can help.
Yoga is a great way to jumpstart your own healing journey. Healing never means the damage never existed, it just means that it no longer controls our lives. Amen sister! Or as we say in Kundalini Yoga, Wahe Guru! -- (Meaning how AWE-mazing it is to go from darkness to light)!
I’ve worked with many over-giving, well-intentioned women who push through their body’s signals to slow down and rest, OR move and shake. There are so many demands on women these days to be everything to everybody. It’s easy to try and sweep our emotions under the proverbial rug, AND ignore our body’s signals, especially when our society values the "go, go, go" attitude toward life. Today, in my work with women and couples, I am passionate about sharing the key ingredients for creating long lasting health and wellness in body, mind AND spirit. I not only use talk therapy and traditional coaching techniques to help clients, I also use breath-work (pranayama), meditation, and gentle yoga movements to help clients reconnect their mind and bodies to reduce anxiety and stress, to increase confidence and wellness, and to help illuminate the sense of one’s “right” life path and clarity of mind. I also lead workshops and retreats to help heal the mind-body connection, so that my clients can truly flourish in life.
Yoga is the practice of creating unity between mind and body. When there's a disconnect between mind and body, our lives become unbalanced, causing stress, fatigue and ultimately, illness. The reverse can happen when you reunite your mind and body through yoga. Your mind and your body can start to heal naturally, helping you to feel healthier, happier, more balanced, and more alive!
I discovered yoga through my own health crisis. During my internship to become a psychotherapist, my life became so stressful and unbalanced (working 80 hours a week with severely traumatized children and families) that my body actually broke down. This was a scary time for me… After all, I was in the healing profession. How could I have allowed this to happen to me, didn’t I know better? Maybe not… This experience was a difficult way to learn that I needed to be kinder to my body. Unfortunately, our society does not always support this mind body connection, but separates the two, causing confusion, disharmony, and distress.